December 20, 2009

Two Fantastical Chapbooks

Two chapbooks are now out in the world and you should consider checking them out.


The first is Christopher DeWeese's Fireproof Swan, from Factory Hollow Press.

Chris' poems always deliver the goods. Here is a little pinch from inside Fireproof Swan:


"You've got to do what I say/when I'm on fire:/plane all growth/and keep retiring your colors./Rust burns a chemical silhouette/when I'm a machine,/a factory full of pans."


Yes, I'll take two, please.


This next chappie is from the wonderful Julia Cohen. Julia's chapbook is called For the H in Ghost, from Brave Men Press. 



Julia recommeds you buy a copy for your mom, along with a snuggie. I second this suggestion.  Julia will surely dominate your mind with her terrific poems and you will have a better holiday season because of it. I'll take a bundle of these stunning chappies, for the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment